The name for my site is derived from my last name. The way you say Gyldenege is like Golden Egg, except you'd replace the "O" in golden with an "i" -- Gilden Egg. The Danish translation is Golden Oak. I have such joy and happiness in my life because I am successful at nearly everything I try. I have successes and failures, but I feel that I am often gifted with the Midas touch. That may sound a little self serving, but I've learned that when we expect goodness, goodness happens. When we expect we can do something, we can. When we believe we are worth it, the universe answers in kind.
I'm toying around with the formatting and feel of this site now, but am really excited to give my voice it's own distinct presence. I'm also working on my commercial and audio book demos, plus, planning some other video and audio fun that I'll record.
My archives of performances as a lead singer are few and are from the early stages of the digital recording via iPhone era. For those who don't know, I've been a musician & performer my whole life, dancing and singing from the time I was old enough to walk.
- As a kid, I was in band, choir and everywhere I could be to participate in music and performance. You'd also find me in the school talent show singing, dancing, trying to be funny. If it still exists, I think there are Beta videos of me singing "Some Where Out There" in my nightie or "Animal Crackers" in a tutu as a circus performer.
- In school I was in choir and played oboe and clarinet. I marched in parades and was part of pep bands at games. I even went to 3 years of band camp (queue jokes).
- My oboe performance in the All Northwest Symphony, the best high school musicians from the 5 NW states, playing Ottorino Respighi's Pini di Roma are recorded onto cassettes (sigh). So, I may not pull much from the archives, but I'll definitely be bringing you as much joy, laughter and silliness that I can through my voice.
- After college, when I was an engineer for Ford, I became a lead singer in a band and recorded some music with my friend and former bandmate Kevin.
- In the last 5 years I've been the lead singer in a new band and did some work as a wedding singer.